Friday, February 4, 2011

Alli Neal, Senior, Professional Writing


Hi there! I'm Alli Neal, a senior Professional Writing major from Brookfield, CT. I've stayed really busy during my four years here.

I'm a peer tutor at the Champlain Writing Center, and the lead on a project called Reverb: Notes from the CWC. My teammates and I are constructing an online resource for students, with a variety of articles on the most common "problems" with the writing process. (If you have ideas for articles, comment on this and let me know!) I'm also the editor and moderator for a recipe blog and cooking manual for Champlain Abroad and, of course, a student ambassador at Champlain Admissions. My internship with Champlain College Publishing Initiative turned into a Work Study job as a staff editor. I was my team's project manager for World's Children Online, a global interactive resource for healthcare writing from the developing world; audio director and co-editor for Liminal Webbing, an experiment in bringing poetry into the 21st century by turning a chapbook into a soundtrack; and consultant for other projects such as the multimedia book Stonehenge and Ali Wisch's play, 25 Squirrels. I co-founded Champlain's Equestrian Club, helped start the Champlain Rock Climbing Club, ran events at the Burlington Book Festival, read my poetry and prose at venues downtown, and spent a semester at Champlain's Dublin, Ireland campus. Right now, I'm also working on starting an online weekly newspaper for Champlain.

See? Busy! I'm one of those examples of everything you can do at Champlain. If you're not sure what there is for you or how to get involved in something I listed, ask! Leave me a comment, and I'd love to chat!


No comments:

Post a Comment